HealthNFitness Tips: The heel is the largest of the human foot's 26 bones. And it's no stranger to strain and pain.
How to help prevent heel problems:
- Make sure your shoes fit well and offer plenty of support for the entire foot.
- Make sure you wear the right shoes for each activity.
- Stop using shoes that are well worn on the soles or heels.
- Carefully warm up and stretch before exercise, and remember to pace yourself.
- Treat your body to the right foods and plenty of rest; lose weight if you are overweight or obese.